Glass Knuckle Games
Based in Boston, MA
Picross Makeout League is a hybrid visual novel and puzzle game themed around romance, comedy and superheroes. As “Picross Girl”, you’ll use the power of Picross—puzzles where you fill in numbered grids to reveal hidden pictures—to solve life’s problems, romance your fellow puzzle-themed superheroes, and maybe even save the day! Will you find true love in the Puzzle League, or will the mysterious Villain third wheel you with his doomsday plot? It’s an adventure for players who love puzzles, and want to *love* puzzles...seriously, you can date a giant puzzle piece.
The Picross Makeout League team is made up of people excited to create an offbeat and unique adventure. Our director (James Johnston) and programmer (Brett Davis) have collaborated on previous projects like “Sweetheart Safari”, an animal-themed dating sim, and “Thief Town”, a local multiplayer-only game that gets back to the co-op couch fun of our childhoods. Our musician (James Henry MacDonald) and artist (Anabel Alvarado) are a husband-and-wife team who are learning to work together on the same collaborative project, after creating cyberpunk music and horror animations, respectively. Our writer (Lexie Oberwetter) comes from a television background and wants to push the boundaries of queer romance and comedy in interactive fiction. Finally, our pixel artist (Kyle Bunk) has an unstoppable work drive, creating pixel fan art of his favorite games while working full-time as an animator.
- Dating sim meets puzzle game in this comedy/romance superhero adventure
- Join and date the Puzzle League: a group of 4 superheroes based on crossword, sudoku, chess and jigsaw puzzles
- Plenty of picross puzzles to solve, both during the adventure and in free play mode
- An overarching supernatural plot that weaves in multiple dates with every character
- Exotic date locations: a coffee shop, the library, mountain climbing and maybe Atlantis?!
- Twists, turns, thrills, chills, puzzle fun, and puzzle puns! It's not over until the ending!
- DATE A GIANT PUZZLE PIECE
Gameplay Footage (Short) YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Picross Makeout League is an unexpectedly funny affair."
- Gita Jackson, Kotaku
Original Game Jam Demo
Created for #iluJam 3 viewtiful-james.itch.io.
About Glass Knuckle Games
Glass Knuckle Games is a studio from Boston, MA focused on creating brand new games with rude teen attitude. Starting in 2014 with retro-inspired, smaller indie games designed to be quick "pick up and play" titles, GKG is now focused on creating longer, narrative-rich games as it continues to evolve as a studio. We love fun!
More information on Glass Knuckle Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Picross Makeout League Credits