Glass Knuckle Games
Based in Boston, MA
26 September, 2014
Thief Town is a local multiplayer-only stealth action game set in a pixel-perfect rendition of the Wild West. Lurk in the crowd, emulate non-player characters, and achieve backstabbing victory. Up to 4 players control identical avatars (the “Thieves”) in a single-screen arena (the “Town”), also filled with other identical NPCs. Players must identify which NPCs are secretly other players and stab them for points, before being discovered and stabbed themselves!
After being in development for over a year as a browser game, Thief Town was given a graphical overhaul, controller support, new game modes, and hi-res knife textures. The game released in September on Humble and was Greenlit for Steam in December. On March 20th, 2015, the free update "SPOOKY TOWN" was released, adding new levels, music, items, and...ghosts?!
- Competitive 2-4 player battles – Blend in with thieves while you search for and stab your opponents
- Multiple modes and items – Guns, smoke bombs, drunks, TNT, sheriffs, sandstorms, and killer tumbleweeds
- LAN and Local dynamic play – Play on multiple devices over the same Wi-Fi network, or share the same computer with everyone
- Cross-platform compatibility – Play across any PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android device
- Use contollers or the keyboard – keyboard support, full 4-player controller support
- "SPOOKY TOWN" Update - new graveyard level, showdowns, music tracks, items, player tips, and more...
Release Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Footage YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "MAGFest Indie Showcase Featured Game" Thief Town - 2015
- "Boston Festival of Indie Games Featured Game" Thief Town - 2014
- "Thief Town achieves something that I thought was gone forever in gaming."
- David Giltinan, RETRO
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Mobile Controller App (iOS)
Free mobile app that turns your iPhone/iPad into a controller. itunes.apple.com.
Mobile Controller App (Android)
Android version. play.google.com.
About Glass Knuckle Games
Glass Knuckle Games is a studio from Boston, MA focused on creating brand new games with rude teen attitude. Starting in 2014 with retro-inspired, smaller indie games designed to be quick "pick up and play" titles, GKG is now focused on creating longer, narrative-rich games as it continues to evolve as a studio. We love fun!
More information on Glass Knuckle Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Thief Town Credits